Download CPCS A62 Crane/Lifting Operations Supervisor Theory Test Answers
CPCS A62 Crane/Lifting Operations Supervisor Course Description
This category of Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) training course is aimed at Supervisors, Managers and Slinger Signallers who supervise lifting operations. The course aims to instruct delegates how to safely supervise a lifting operation to ensure compliance with the law and secure the health and safety of all employees and of those who may be affected by their actions.
Experienced Worker CPCS Crane Supervisor courses are available for those who have 2 or more years’ constant and recent experience in their role supervising lifting operations. The Foundation course is most suited to those with less than 2 years’ experience in the role.
Successful candidates will receive the CPCS Red Card (Trained Operator) endorsed with the Crane Supervisor category. This is valid for 2 years per category; within this time, you must complete your NVQ to convert from the Red CPCS card to the Blue CPCS card. The Blue card is valid for 5 years.
It is also possible to apply for a combined Slinger Signaller (CPCS A40) and Lifting Operations Crane Supervisor Course – novice operators with less than 2 years’ experience are eligible to apply. This will enable operators to receive CPCS certification and endorsement for both CPCS courses on their red CPCS card.
Please note that candidates must have successfully completed The Health Safety & Environment test for Specialist Supervisors within the past two years.
- Legislation, regulations and Codes of Practice relating to lifting duties.
- Safe systems of work including method statements.
- Taking personal responsibility.
- Different types of cranes and associated terminology.
- Understanding crane documentation.
- Understanding crane stability, duty charts and safety devices.
- Crane appreciation.
- Observing British Standard 7121.
- Understanding the role of crane supervisor.
- Understanding the role of appointed person.
- Preparing an area with exclusion zones.
Teaching and assessment
- 3 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises.
- 1 day assessment – CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests.
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB health, safety and environment test (supervisors level) passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- You should have sufficient experience of cranes to meet the requirements specified in British standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.