Download CPCS A56 Dump Truck Articulated Chassis Theory Test Answers
CPCS A56 Dump Truck Articulated Chassis Course Description
- Risks associated with quick hitch devices and how to use them safely.
- Operating the machine to a minimum standard
- Fitting and operating ancillary equipment
- Siting the machine safely and efficiently
- Carrying out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Preparing the machine for travelling on the public highway
- The capabilities of each machine, its purpose and limitations
- All safety precautions necessary for the correct operation of the machine
- How diesel engines work and how various parts of the machine operate
- Which routine adjustments and servicing procedures are necessary, and how to carry them out.
Teaching and assessment
- 4 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment – CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
Who is the course for?
This course provides instruction in correct operation of the Dump Truck Articulated chassis for operators who will be using such machines on site. It provides training as referred to in the laws relating to work equipment and health and safety, and is accredited by the Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS).
Course Content Includes:
• Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
• Name and explain the purpose of the principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
• Conform with manufacturer’s requirements, as per the operator’s handbook, including additional information and relevant regulations and legislation.
• Undertake all pre–use checks.
• Configure and have ready for travel (site and highway).
• Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – both loaded and unloaded.
• Manoeuvre in confined spaces whilst carrying loads.
• Ensure the suitability of the tipping and loading area.
• Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
• Position the vehicle to receive loads.
• Comply with loading procedures.
• Ensure load integrity and security.
• Transfer loads to different locations.
• Discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
• Maintain a safe and tidy working area.
• Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
• Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
Completion of the course:
Candidates will take a verbal theory test, and complete a practical assessment. Successful candidates will receive a 2 Year CPCS Category A56 Red Trained Operator License
Those with 2-3 years or more experience can add on the NVQ assessment at the same time to progress straight to the 5 Year CPCS Blue Competent Operator card
You must have a basic understanding and knowledge of current Health & Safety issues.
The CITB Operatives Health & Safety touch screen test must be current and in date. (Completed within the last 24 months)
We can provide the CSCS HS&E at our West Midlands training centre.
CPCS (A56 & A57) – Dump Truck Training & Testing
The CPCS A56 Dump Truck course has been tailored for those operating Dump Trucks (also known as Dumper Trucks or Tipper Trucks) in a construction environment.
There are two main categories, these being CPCS A56B (articulated chassis) and CPCS A57C (rigid chassis). Those taking courses for Dump Truck training up to 50 tonnes will also be qualified to drive Dump Trucks of each chassis type up to 15 tonnes.
Within the 2 categories there are 6 different endorsements; these are:
- A56A: Dump Truck – articulated chassis up to 15 tonnes
- A56B: Dump Truck – articulated chassis all sizes
- A57A: Dump Truck – rigid chassis up to 15 tonnes
- A57B: Dump Truck – rigid chassis up to 50 tonnes
- A57C: Dump Truck – rigid chassis all sizes
- A57D: Dump Truck – rigid chassis tracked
Delegates who have been operating this type of plant machinery consistently for more than 2 years will be eligible for the Experienced Worker course. Those who do not meet these qualifications should take the Foundation course. The difference between the two is of the duration and complexity of content.
All delegates need to have passed the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment touchscreen test for Operatives within the past two years.
Private Individuals who wish to undertake CPCS training for any category should read our article on CPCS Training and the Private Individual before making a booking. Please contact us for any further information.
CPCS Course Detail
All levels of Dump Truck training end with the CPCS theory and practical test. The CPCS practical test for both categories of the Dumper Truck must be completed within ninety minutes and will consist of the candidate using the machine to complete a variety of activities and manoeuvres including reversing and driving on a slope.
These CPCS courses include the following elements:
- Pre-use and post-use checks
- Travelling over a range of terrains, including rough undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces, both loaded and unloaded
- Safe and tidy working areas
- Loading and unloading procedures
- Manufacturer’s handbook and relevant legislation
- Load integrity and security
- Shut down and securing procedures