Download CPCS A34 Crawler – Tractor/Dozer Theory Test Answers
CPCS A34 Crawler – Tractor/Dozer Course Description
To provide thorough practical and theory plant training in operating a Crawler – Tractor/Dozer, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use plant checks
- Configure and set for site travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces
- Manoeuvre the plant equipment in confined spaces
- Configure and set for excavating duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Construct ramps and form and shape stockpiles
- Grade, spread and level ground and materials
- Carry out plant equipment shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
DURATION OF TRAINING
|Number of Training Days Required Novice|
(Less than 1 years or no operational experience)
|Number of Training Days Required if an Intermediate (1-2 Years Operational Experience)||Number of training days required if experienced (2+ years operational experience)||Test Only Option|
|8||3 – 4||1||1/2|
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen H+S test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
This category of CPCS Plant training is relevant to those operating Crawler Tractors. CPCS training courses are designed to lead to Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) qualifications which allow those holding a valid qualification to carry a CPCS card.
Please note that for all CPCS tests, candidates must have successfully completed the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment touchscreen test for Operatives within the past two years.
There are 2 separate categories for Operatives to study; these are:
- A34: Crawler Tractor Dozer
- A35: Crawler Tractor Side/Boom
CPCS Crawler Tractor training can be taken by both novice and experienced operators of the machine. This CPCS category is deemed ‘Off Centre’ so can only be taken as a dedicated course at your own site.
Foundation/Novice courses allow for more time on theory and practical training before the final day of the course which will consist of your CPCS theory and practical technical tests.For those who have 2 or more years’ constant and recent experience on the specific machine, an Experienced Worker course may be more suitable. These courses are typically 2 days in duration and will consist of theory training on the first day and your CPCS theory and practical technical tests on the second day.
If you are a Private Individual looking to obtain a CPCS card for a Crawler Tractor, the implications are very different from those of a CITB registered construction company. For Private Individuals it is recommended that you click on the following link with information on CPCS Training and the Private Individual, before making a specific enquiry relating to a Crawler Tractor training course.
CPCS Course Detail
Operatives of this type of machinery will be trained to correctly work with the machinery in a range of environments and terrains, ensuring the safety of themselves and those around them at all times.
Those who successfully pass these CPCS courses will be awarded the Red CPCS Card in this category. This is valid for 2 years. During these 2 years you must work towards achieving your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Card (Competent Operator).
These CPCS training courses include the following elements:
- The roles and responsibilities of a Crawler Tractor operative
- Principle components of the machine, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Configuration for travel on site and across a range of terrains
- Configuration for excavating duties
- Pre and post use checks
- Shut down and securing procedures
- Loading and unloading procedures
- Hazards, underground and overhead services
- Manoeuvring in a range of spaces
The CPCS theory test is a verbal questions and answer session which will take approximately an hour to complete. The CPCS practical test for Crawler Tractor Dozer training course must be completed within two and a half hours and will consist of the candidate using the machine to complete a variety of activities including excavation. The CPCS practical test for the Crawler Tractor Side/Boom training course must be completed within two hours and will consist of the candidate using the machine to complete a variety of manoeuvres including lifting and placing loads.