Download CPCS A97 Excavator 360 Below 10 Tonnes (Lifting Operations Only) Theory Test Answers
CPCS A97 / A98 Excavator 360 below 10 tonnes – Lifting operations Course Description
CPCS have announced the introduction of Lifting Operations Endorsement for A58 / A59 Excavator 360 Above and Below 10 tonnes. This training provision came into practice from 20th August 2012.
The current lifting activity within these categories has now been enhanced and offered as an endorsement to both the Excavator 360 below and above 10 tonnes. The test specification has been modularised to allow both the integration of the endorsement within the main examination, and as a stand-alone option for current cardholders.
- To understand the Job Role of an Excavator Below 10 tonnes Lifting Operator.
- Pre-Start Checks on the Machine.
- Correct Start-Up Produces on the Machine.
- Functional Checks on the Machine.
- Configure the Machine ready for Safe operations.
- Safe operations in lifting items and objects, pipes, tonne bags etc.
- To Safely change and attach quick hitch or manual buckets.
- To Safely Operate the Machine on rough terrain, Steep inclines, Level ground.
- Correct Manoeuvring in confined spaces.
- To Understand the Underground, Overhead Services and surrounding Hazards.
- To understand the Safe Working areas.
- Correct Shutdown and Locking Procedures of the Machine.
- Correct Loading & Unloading procedures for Machine Transportation.
The theory test for A58 & A 59 will incorporate the questions for the category and the lifting operations into one test. A separate theory test has been devised for existing cardholders wanting to add the lifting operations endorsement only.
This has been modularised into two parts, part one for excavation and extraction, and part two for plant equipment lifting operations. Lifting endorsements can be taken as a standalone test, if candidate already holds A58/A58 (see below).
Endorsement C is separate to A58/A59 A & B but to be awarded on a card, the candidate must also have achieved either A58/59 A and/or B practical.
EXISTING BLUE CARD HOLDERS (TECHNICAL TEST):
Those who have achieved A58 or A59 through the technical test can be awarded Endorsement C on application without the need for further testing. When renewing categories A58/59 A and/or B, endorsement C will be awarded automatically if it has not been applied for (on the application form).
EXISTING BLUE CARD HOLDERS (PRE TECHNICAL TEST):
Those who have gained A58 or A59 prior to the introduction of the technical test and wish to add Endorsement C must achieve the specific element of the CPCS Theory Test for A58 or A59.
EXISTING RED CARD HOLDERS (TECHNICAL TEST):
Can be awarded Endorsement C on application without the need for further testing. When updating categories A58/59 A and/or B to the blue card, endorsement C will be awarded automatically if it has not been applied for (on the application form).
EXISTING RED CARD HOLDERS (PRE TECHNICAL TEST):
Those that wish to add Endorsement C must achieve the specific element of the CPCS Theory Test and the Lifting Operations element within the practical part of the test.