Download CPCS A31 Ride-on Roller Theory Test Answers
CPCS A31 Ride-on Roller Course Description
- All pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures
- Set roller for travel
- Awareness of on-site hazards
- Set the roller for compaction duties
- Place roller in an out of service condition
- Recognise compacted/uncompacted areas
- Conditions that may cause instability of the roller
- Safety procedures when working up to unsupported edges
- Loading and unloading procedures on/off a transporter.
Teaching and assessment
- 3 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment – CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB Health, safety and environment test needs to have been passed within the previous 23 months before the course start date
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Who is the course for?
This course provides instruction in correct operation of Ride on Roller for operators who will be using such machines on site. It provides training as referred to in the laws relating to work equipment and health and safety, and is accredited by the Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS).
Course Content Includes:
• Role and responsibilities as a plant operator
• Basic components, construction, controls and terminology
• Relevant regulations and legislation
• Pre-use checks
• Manoeuvring in confined spaces
• Configure for travelling on site & compacting duties
• Hazards, underground and overhead services
• Compacting – in straight lines, radii, supported and unsupported edges
• Principles, requirements and techniques of good compaction
• Shut down and securing procedures
• Loading and unloading for transportation
Completion of the course:
Candidates will take a verbal theory test, and complete a practical assessment. Successful candidates will receive a 2 Year CPCS Category A31 Red Trained Operator License.
Those with 2-3 years or more experience can add on the NVQ assessment at the same time to progress straight to the 5 Year CPCS Blue Competent Operator card.
You must have a basic understanding and knowledge of current Health & Safety issues.
The CITB Operatives Health & Safety touch screen test must be current and in date (completed within the last 24 months).
We can provide the CSCS HS&E at our West Midlands training centre.